Monday, February 9, 2015

Woman's Institute of Domestic Arts


This is a page out of a volume of The Woman's Institute of Domestic Arts and Sciences Book, Published in Scranton, PA, with a copyright of 1936. I have eight volumes and just love them.  They are on all sorts of sewing and were used as text books. This particular page is from the volume on Children's and Maternity Garments. I don't know about you, but my maternity body didn't look anything like these girls.

I don't know how many volumes are in the whole set but the ones I do have are:  Ribbon and Fabric Trimmings, Cutting and Fitting, Principles of Tailoring, Sewing For Profit, Dressmaking - Trimming - Finishing, Children's and Maternity Garments, Harmony in Dress, Tailored Garments and Decorative Stitches and Trimmings.


If you wanted to track them down I would think a search in google with the key words of  "Woman's Institute of Domestic Arts & Sciences" would be a good place to start.

This is a sample page is from the volume on
Ribbon and Fabric Trimmings.

No comments:

Post a Comment